Friday, November 14, 2008

International Fair

Today my family went to an international fair hosted by the homeschool group. Although I did not research a country and make a display, I did go and visit all of the displays. The homeschoolers had studied Venezuela, Spain, Latvia, the England from King Arthur's day, Greece, Canada, Poland, and many more that I cannot remember right now.

I assisted my siblings find pictures online for their countries. After they printed out the pictures, they scrambled all last night to cook food and finish their displays.

Some of the students gave short speeches about their countries. One set of brothers played a song about Australia with the lyrics "Come visit Australia- you might be accidentally killed!" Their focus was the dangerous animals that reside in Australia. My sister spoke about how the Poles love their food. If you ever want to visit Poland, let the citizens know you are coming because they sometimes serve guests 8-course meals!

No comments: