Monday, November 10, 2008

Battleship

KODY 105 here.

I am in 12th grade. I have had the unique privilege of homeschooling for all my life! I have never had to learn about all the mumbo-jumbo that municipal schools teach.

I have moved around a lot, so I have been in many homeschool support groups.

Just this past week my homeschool group went on a field trip to visit a historical battleship that served in World War 2! We wandered the ship (over seven decks!) and learned about life onboard a "floating city." The officers and chief petty officers got fancy quarters while the sailors got a small bunk in a large room with many other bunks around. I must wonder if the lights were always off in that bunk room...

There were four huge dining rooms for the sailors! With a complement of over 3,000 sailors, the chefs and cooks worked 24/7 on the food!

1 comment: